While furnishing your house, you only want the best accessories to decorate your home. Be it furniture or quaint rugs, and your house only deserves the best. As a result, it is essential to identify authentic carpets from fake ones. So, when you are buying rugs in Sevenoaks, you need to conduct a thorough assessment.
There is a wide array of oriental carpets that you can choose from to adorn your house or office with:
- Chobi Ziegler
- Persian Rugs
- Ikat Rugs
- Bokhara Rugs
- Kilim Rugs with a flat weave
- Silk Rugs
- Patchwork Rugs
- Overdyed Rugs
Tips for identifying authentic oriental carpets
When you go looking for furniture in Sevenoaks, you’re likely to pick up an elegant Oriental rug for your personal or office space. Here are a few pointers to help you distinguish between real carpets and their knock-off versions:
- Colour consistency: Make sure that the colours on your carpet are not bleeding. If the brightness can be wiped off using a damp cloth overnight, it is most certainly not authentic. Every genuine Oriental rug is dyed using only an all-natural dye. This dye is non-transferable and does not bleed.
- Back quality: You can always distinguish between a fake and an authentic Oriental rug by testing the quality of backing the rug has. A real Oriental rug will always have a soft, hand-knotted backing. If you find any trace of hard plastic at the underside of your rug, it is a fake.
- Quality of the fringe: One of the easiest ways to recognize a fake Oriental rug is to test the edge. If it appears to be glued on or sewn, it is a hundred per cent fake. This is because every Oriental rug is carefully hand-knotted, and the fringe is the first rug element to be formed.
- The material used: A thumb rule to making actual Oriental rugs is the use of wool. Once you scrutinize your purchase and find the slightest trace of synthetic material in it, you can rest assured that it’s not genuine.
- Price of the rug: If you are pleased that you got a ‘genuine’ Oriental rug at a low cost, think again! Chances are, you have been duped. Since Oriental rugs are hand-knotted and require a lot of working hours as well as top-quality wool to be made, they are almost always steeply-priced. So, always be wary of cheap knock-offs when purchasing such rugs.
Once you have selected a rug that appeals to your senses and also goes well with the desired space, make sure to evaluate these criteria and bring home only an authentic carpet with you. One of the top interior designers in Kent is Vinehouse Interiors, who can help you in identifying genuine and exquisite oriental rugs for your use.